Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election '08

My alarm rang at 5:00 this waking me up to vote.
Standing in line was cold - and so exciting.
I can't wait until our new President is announced.
This is a very important day to us and our nation and it's even more important for us to be involved in the outcome.
The guy I sit next to at work told me that his parents just decided not to vote this year.
I feel that it's our responsibility, duty and privilege as American Citizens to vote.
The United States is an amazing country, one that I am more than proud to be a part of.
I am proud to say that today I voted for John McCain.
Not just because I am a republican or conservative or because he is from Arizona.
I am proud I voted for McCain because he loves America, and because, like me he is honored to live in this country.
Obviously, this is not the only reason I chose to vote this way, but this is such an important part about choosing a President that I think so many overlook.
I want someone that will encourage America's success, not focus on it's flaws.
I could not imagine a President running a country that they did not love, that they were not willing to devote themselves to, that they were not willing to defend at any cost.
I hope that you voted today... and if you haven't
GO NOW
*And if you are still un-decided and want to hear some great points about how awesome Republicans are - go here*

0 witty remarks: