Monday, November 10, 2008

"They're dropping like flies"

That's what I heard first thing when I walked into work this morning.
They began layoffs today - it's estimated that over 500 people from my company will be gone before the end of the day.
Managers, directors, people who have been here over 15 years.
Friends and Co-Workers.
It's a hard day. It's hard to watch them quietly pack their things and leave.
People are crying, some are mad, others look very somber - a very emotional day indeed.
Right now I am very Thankful for the job I have. I am also praying for those who have families to support that will be out there searching once again for a stable source of income.
**Update: My job is officially safe and I am so very grateful.

4 witty remarks:

Heidi said...

why are they laying people off?? if your job safe??
heidi

Spring said...

That's so sad. I hope all goes well. Where do you work?

Benson & Sarah Garner said...

As far as I know I am okay - but I won't be sure until the end of the day. I work at Insight in Tempe - it is really sad, very hard to watch.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

wow thats crazy. be thankful you have a job. i haven't had 1 for a week and can't seem to find one. we're just praying we'll be able to pay our bills.