Monday, December 29, 2008

Southwest Salad

Things in the Garner household are always very busy. I love to cook, but usually only have a little time to spend making dinner on weeknights. This is something I threw together a few weeks ago and it was instantly Benson's favorite.


Grill:

2-3 Chicken Breasts

{I marinate in Italian Dressing and season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt}

Cut into chunks or chop and set aside

Chop:

2 Avacados

2 Small Tomatoes {I like to use Plum Tomatoes}

1/2 Can Black Olives

Cilantro

Place in bowl

Add:

1 Can Black Beans {drained well}

About 1/3 of a bag of Frozen Corn {thawed}

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Combine ingredients in bowl

To Serve:

Tear up a few leaves of dark leaf lettuce per plate {we like more toppings than lettuce}

Spoon Vegetable Mixture on top of Lettuce.

Top with Grilled Chicken and Shredded Cheese

Serve with lime wedges, tortilla chips and salad dressing

{as soon as I create a good recipe for avacado cilantro ranch I will share!}

YUM!

{Sorry I don't have exact amounts for everything, I just used what I had in the fridge, so just do what looks right!}

0 witty remarks: