Saturday, September 12, 2009

teeth and things

Benson is one of the toughest people I know.
He is not one to complain about pain or discomfort at all.
Me on the other hand? I'm a complete wimp when it comes to pain.
When I was told that I needed my wisdom teeth taken out, I was a bit nervous...until I talked to Benson.

You see, when he had his wisdom teeth taken out, things weren't pretty.
He had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia which caused a lot of disorientation and pain.
He describes it as the worst pain he has felt.


Needless to say after that conversation I was a little more freaked out than I was at first. I talked to many other people, with both good experiences and bad but no matter what else I heard, his story stuck with me the most since I know that he can handle more pain then I can.

Well after much anticipation the day came and went.
The verdict?
I am tougher than Benson*.

I had zero problems, minimal pain and almost no swelling.
I wasn't even weird coming off of the anesthesia.

The worst part about it is I can't eat real food.
Hopefully I'll get over that soon, because I have been craving something besides pudding or mashed bananas and I have all those birthday coupons to use!



*no not really...

0 witty remarks: