Friday, March 19, 2010

Working for the Weekend

All week long I look forward to Friday. More specifically 4:00pm on Friday when I get to leave work and have 2 days off.

Only - weekends are not nearly as exciting as they used to be seeing as my BFF and main source of entertainment (Benson) works both Friday and Saturday nights.

Some weekends he works a double on Saturday which means he's gone from about 10am to 10pm.

So what's a girl to do? I mean, I know I could do laundry, mop, sweep, clean the bathrooms, do math homework but REALLY? Where's the fun in that.

So seriously I need help. What do you do to entertain yourselves when you have a bunch of time to kill?

I am looking for some good ideas here people some REALLY good ideas.

I know you can do it - I belive in you.

1 witty remarks:

Heidi said...

The sad thing is that life is NEVER balanced. If I had Saturdays to myself I would clean the house spotless- in like 2 hours or less because I would not have distractions-in stead of having it take all day. Go for a really nice long run. And then do ceramics all day long.
When you really need a whole day to yourself you will find them hard to come by.
When Nate and I were first married I worked extra and took ceramics classes. I frequently went in on Saturdays when Nate was gone all day. I think that is how I filled that spare time. So, sign up for a fun class at MCC. That is my idea. Sorry I don't have anything for you to do this weekend. We will be in town all next week- the kids and I the whole time and nate from Thursday on.